MetLife Australia has robust plans in place to ensure business continuity for multiple scenarios. These plans are regularly reviewed to ensure that we are able to continue to serve our customers and partners.
MetLife Australia is committed to supporting existing policy-holders and new applicants. Our existing Life, Total and Permanent Disability (TPD), Income Protection and Trauma policies provide cover for COVID-19, in accordance with the policy terms.
The health and well-being of our people and customers is a top priority. We are taking several proactive steps to protect the well-being of our people, including:
- Commenced remote working
- Utilising technology to hold virtual meetings rather than in person meetings
- Cancelled gatherings of more than 50 people
- Restricted international and domestic travel
- 14-day self-isolation of staff returning from international travel that could not be cancelled
- Encouraging flexible working
- Providing health information
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
It is recommended you consult reliable sources of information to find out more about the virus. For information on coronavirus (COVID-19), call the 24-hour Coronavirus Health Information Line on: 1800 020 080.
The Federal Government’s Health Department also has a dedicated coronavirus page on its website and you can also visit the World Health Organisation website.
If you are concerned about travel, guidance for Australians travelling and living overseas can be found on the Smartraveller website.
MetLife Australia continues to monitor the situation regarding the spread of the coronavirus. We take our responsibility to our customers and our people very seriously; and are committed to ensuring we continue to serve our customers.