METLIFE AUSTRALIA APPOINTS RETAIL STATE MANAGERS AND SENIOR UNDERWRITING MANAGERS
Sydney August 07, 2018
The firm has appointed:
- Richard Holt as Head of Service Delivery, with overall responsibility for MetLife’s retail service proposition, supporting advisers and other intermediaries across new business, underwriting, and policy administration. Holt was previously Head of Sales Development at MetLife and possesses deep financial services experience, having held senior roles with MLC, BT, and Deutsche Bank.
- Rachel Towell as State Manager New South Wales and ACT. Towell previously spent eight years with AIA Australia, most recently as State Manager New South Wales and ACT.
- Stuart White as State Manager Queensland. White was most recently a Senior Client Development Manager at AIA Australia. Before this, he was a Business Partnership Manager with AMP Financial Planning and a Business Development Manager with ING.
- Simon Dent as National Retail Underwriting Manager for New South Wales and Queensland, responsible for managing relationships between MetLife’s underwriting team and licensee and adviser partners. Dent spent 10 years with MLC, most recently as Head of Underwriting & New Business, and worked previously as Regional Underwriting Manager at Zurich.
- Adrian Young as National Retail Underwriting Manager for Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, and Western Australia. Young was most recently Victorian State Underwriting Manager at BT Financial Group and was previously a Life & Disability Underwriter with Fidelity Life in New Zealand.
- Fiona Quinn as Senior Retail Underwriter. Quinn was most recently Manager Underwriting Services and Operations Victoria, South Australia, and Western Australia and before that was a Principal Underwriter at AMP.
- Hadley Fredericks as Senior Retail Underwriter. Fredericks was previously a Senior Underwriter at Zurich Life and Macquarie Life and a Field Underwriter with AMP/AXA and has extensive experience in insurance industry operations and new business.
MetLife Australia Head of Retail Sales Matt Lippiatt said he was excited to grow the retail team with a group of experienced and highly capable professionals.
“At MetLife, Sales and Underwriting work closely together with a one team mindset to support licensees and advisers. These appointments significantly strengthen our capabilities, and I’m delighted to welcome our newcomers,” Lippiatt said.
“Richard’s new role signals our commitment to delivering a consistent end-to-end adviser experience from new business through to policy administration.
“Rachel and Stuart’s experience and insights will enable us to build trusted, mutually productive relationships with licensees and advisers.
“We also know how much advisers value direct access to experienced underwriters who deliver consistent and pragmatic outcomes. Simon, Adrian, Fiona, and Hadley all have proven reputations at blending commercial risk assessment with solid understanding of advisers’ business needs.
“Most importantly, our new team members all share our passion at MetLife Australia to lead the market by providing the fastest, easiest, and most caring life insurance experience for advisers and their clients,” Lippiatt said.
Phillip Gray Sarah Kelly
MetLife Australia MetLife Australia
+61 (0)488 771 858 +61 (0)411 893 890
MetLife Insurance Limited (MetLife), an affiliate of MetLife, Inc., is a specialist provider of life insurance to affinity partners, superannuation trustees and employers in Australia. MetLife has expertise in designing and executing direct insurance programs for partners’ customers and insurance solutions to meet the needs of specific member groups. MetLife has been a specialist provider of life risk insurance products in Australia since 2005. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.au.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), through its subsidiaries and affiliates (“MetLife”), is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.