MetLife's Update of the Productivity Commission’s Work on the Superannuation System
On 29 May 2018, the Commission issued its Draft report on Stage 3 of the project on Superannuation: Assessing Efficiency and Competitiveness.
Sydney June 07, 2018
The process of creating the Draft report has consisted of three phases:
- Development of a framework to assess efficiency and competitiveness in the super system.
- Development of a set of alternative models for allocating default members to products.
- An inquiry which assessed the efficiency and competitiveness of the super system, drawing on the work in stages 1 and 2.
We are pleased to bring you our update on the Draft report which covers the following sections:
- Member outcomes of the current system
- What are the drivers of poor member outcomes?
- Work to be done to improve insurance
- Industry reaction
- Next steps
For further information Download the report.....