We are living in unprecedented conditions and many businesses are working remotely, which may require you to work from home. To help support you, we have put together a few tips to help you stay productive during this time.
Build a healthy daily routine
Work from home does not mean that you have to be “on” all the time. Build habits that help you maintain a sense of normality.
1. Maintain regular work hours, avoid overtime and set your priorities.
2. Start and end your day with a routine.
3. Set frequent break times.
4. Set a dedicated work station and ground rules around it. e.g. kids not to disturb during work hours.
Take care of your physical and mental wellbeing
Change of work environment often causes stress and anxiety. A healthy body and mind will keep you staying productive during this period.
5. Stay active and exercise whenever possible.
6. Set your desk and chair at optimal height for a healthy posture.
7. Maintain a breakfast/lunch schedule. Don’t skip a meal.
8. Stay positive. We are in this together.
Stay connected with your team
It’s easy to feel lonely while working from home. Stay connected with your team to maintain your motivation.
9. Check in with your team frequently and make time for small talk.
10. Use video capabilities during meetings.
11. Keep your team informed about your priority & work progress. Overcommunicate if needed.
12. Ensure you have all the tools & accesses required to complete tasks remotely.
Source: International SOS