We’re having to stay at home more now due to COVID-19 but there are times when you might need to venture out.
Here are some tips to help you navigate this new world.
- Make sure you are up to date with the physical distancing guidelines
- One person per household should be the “shopper”
- When out keep your distance from others – 1.5 metres
- Wipe trolley or basket handles down
- Try to shop for several days at once, if not a week
- Use tap and go for payments
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds if you an or if you have hand sanitiser use it
- Don’t touch your face
- Before you get back into your car sanitise before you touch the steering wheel
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds
- Make sure you have set up a sanitation zone outside the front door - wipes and if possible, disinfectant to wipe packages down before they come into the house
- Take off your shoes and leave them outside
- Wash all your produce before putting it away
- Wipe down everything that you touch – car keys, door handles, phone, light switches etc
- Have packages placed if you can at the front door or a “safe place”
- Wipe down all packages including mail and wash your hands for 20 seconds
What if someone falls ill?
- Contact your doctor
- Quarantine sick house members for 14 days to a room on their own
- If you can, give them a face mask and wear one when you are in the same room as them
- Increase cleaning especially around areas they frequent and wash your hands for 20 seconds after
- If possible, clothes and bed sheets — handled with gloves and surgical masks — should be washed more frequently to minimise the risk of transmission
- Try to keep windows open to allow fresh air to flush the house
- Keep clothing and cutlery separate
Stay up-to-date with the latest information on COVID-19 from these sources.