Direct Debit Service Agreement
The following terms and conditions relate to the use of direct debit payments from your bank or financial institution account or credit card. You (or the Account Holder if different from you) will need to keep this document with your records.
This Direct Debit Service Agreement is issued by MetLife Insurance Limited (MetLife)
ABN: 75 004 274 882 AFSL No. 238096.
1. You are responsible for ensuring the nominated account can accept direct debits and there are sufficient clear funds available in the nominated account to permit payments on the due date.
2. MetLife will initiate debits from your nominated bank account or credit card in accordance with your application form.
3. MetLife agrees to provide at least 14 days notice to you if it proposes to vary these arrangements.
4. You may request deferment of, or alteration to, the agreed drawing schedule by writing to:
MetLife Insurance Limited
GPO Box 3319,
Sydney NSW 2001.
MetLife reserves the right to decline this request.
5. You (or the Account Holder if different from you) can cancel, defer the direct debit, or suspend an individual debit from taking place under it, by notifying MetLife by telephone, fax, or in writing. You need to allow MetLife 14 days to process any cancellation, deferment or suspension.
6. In the event you disagree with any debit under the arrangement with MetLife, you should call us on 1300 555 625 or write directly to The Dispute Resolutions Officer at the address in point 4.
7. Direct debits will be made on the same date of the relevant month unless otherwise agreed. When the due date for payment falls on a day that is not a business day, MetLife will debit your account on the next business day.
8. In the event that your financial institution refuses to pay any direct debit made under the arrangement, MetLife will write to you requesting alternative payment.
9. Any information supplied by you (or the Account Holder if different to you) will remain confidential and will only be disclosed if authorised by you (or the Account Holder if different to you) or where required by law.
10. Initially, you should direct any request for stops or cancellations to MetLife.